Student Success Initiatives, in collaboration with Summer Edge, is offering the Summer Bridge Scholars program in 2022-2023.
Application deadline - May 27th, 2022 APPLY NOW!
Application link: https://tinyurl.com/bridge2022applicationuci
Application will be live starting Saturday, April 16th by 6PM
Video Recording Link of our Live Presentation
HOW TO APPLY/APPLICATION
1. Bridge Application Information:
Submit your completed Summer Bridge Application online here. Students who plan on attending Freshman Edge even if a Summer Bridge Scholarship is not awarded, should also enroll in Freshman Edge to save their space in the program and receive the best chances at a space in their desired course. Summer Bridge Scholarship applicants will be notified of their acceptance status beginning mid-May.
2. FAFSA/CA Dream Act Requirement:
*May 27th, 2022: Final date to complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA or 2021-2022 CA Dream Act Application*.
Note: the 2020-2021 FAFSA or CA Dream Act is different from the 2021-2022 FAFSA or CA Dream Act that you may have already completed for fall, winter, spring aid. Be sure to submit both 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 FAFSA or CA Dream Act.
Be sure to complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA or 2021-2022 CA Dream Act (due in late May, though it is recommended that you complete your FAFSA early and apply for the Summer Bridge Scholarship starting April 16, 2022 and no later than May 27, 2022).
3. UCI Financial Aid Office - IRS Data Retrieval tool, 2019 Tax Transcript, or alternative documentation
NOTE: This third step is only needed if you were unable to connect to the IRS Data Retrieval Tool and have been requested to submit 2019 Tax Transcript or alternative documentation (i.e. tax return (1040) signed and attached all schedules) to UCI Financial Aid. We recommend to prepare the documentation just in case they request it for verification. Any financial aid documentation request will require uploading it online to Financial Aid.
*Please note that the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT) allows students and parents who filed a U.S tax return with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to access the IRS tax return information needed to complete the FAFSA), and transfer the data directly into their FAFSA. You do not need to request your tax transcript if you can successfully use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
As a reminder, it may take some time for the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships to process and upload any documentation that you need to send and that you may still continue to see documents missing until they are able to do so. Also, know that we will continue to review applications and award scholarships after the deadline. Submitting verifying documents after the deadline is okay, so long as we have your original application on file before the May 27, 2022 deadline.
REMINDER: SUMMER BRIDGE SCHOLARSHIP CHECKLIST
- 2021-2022 FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application
- 2022 Summer Bridge Scholarship Application
- 2019 Tax Transcripts from Parents or Guardians IF you are unable to connect with the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (Prepare documentation until UCI Financial Aid requests it)
- If you are unable to connect your 2021-22 FAFSA/CA Dream Act Application with the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, students must prepare to have their 2019 tax transcript or alternative documents (i.e. 2019 tax return (1040) as long as it is signed by your parent or tax preparer. Also attach all schedules if any and all w-2’s) indicated by UCI Financial Aid if you are asked for verification. If you are asked for verification, you will be able to upload through your MyAid Financial Aid portal.
Email Kathy Dong (email@example.com) or call 949- 824 5973.